Are you hunting for some of the best Camtasia alternatives & competitors?
No need to look further. In the piece, I am going to talk about 5 top alternatives that can be used instead of Camtasia.
Screen capturing screen software is used to accomplish several tasks; for instance, we use them to create tutorials and easily capture web content with ease. Screen grabbing is the easiest way to take a snapshot of on-screen content so you can save them in the picture (PNG & JPEG) or video (MP4) formats. Screen capture tools could also be used to take snapshots of content that can’t be copied or saved directly.
What is Camtasia?
Camtasia is one of the most popular screen capturing software which is widely used by different people all over the world. Camtasia can easily be used to make videos and presentation projects. Some of the critical features of Camtasia include;
- Faster screen recording. You can record your computer screen and save the output in video format.
- Ability to record system and microphone audio. Whether you want audio from your computer or microphone recorded, Camtasia can get it done.
- You can import media files like videos, images, or audio files and drop them into the recording workspace area.
- You can record PowerPoint Presentations and turn them into video formats.
- It has an inbuilt editing tool with drag and drops features.
Is Camtasia a good choice?
Undoubtedly, Camtasia is one of the best screen recording software on the market. However, it has some drawbacks like;
- Expensive license. It costs about $250 to buy it, and this is kind of pricey. A mere screen capture shouldn’t have to all that expensive to this level.
- Requires a reasonable amount of expensive computing resources. Usually, 8 to 16GB of RAM, 6th to 10th generation processors (for Intel), and NVIDIA GeForce 10 Series or higher.
- A surcharge of an extra $50 for upgrades and the newest version release. This doesn’t make any sense at all. If you bought a one-time license, why would you be charged any extra money for updates and new version releases?
5 Camtasia Alternatives You Can Use
There is a couple of Camtasia alternatives, and in this article, we would like to review our top 5 that make it to the list of the best. Before we proceed, we would like to know what exactly we’re looking for in Camtasia alternatives.
What Makes a Good Screen Recording Tool?
We would like to define and describe some of the features that make any screen recording tool stand out. Here is our assessment;
- Easy to use: Our Camtasia alternative should be an easy-to-use screen recording tool with no complicated features and interface.
- Not resource-hogging: Tools that consume much computing resources can’t make it to our list of the best Camtasia alternatives.
- Not costly to afford. A good alternative shouldn’t be expensive. It has to be affordable with competitive pricing.
- Ability to save the output in various formats: A good screen recording tool should offer the ability to save outputs in multiple formats like video, audio, or photo formats.
List of the top 5 Camtasia Alternatives
Here is our compiled list of the best Camtasia alternatives:
1. Wondershare Filmora Pro
This is a two in one tool with both video editing and screen recording features. Filmora Pro is one of the most popular video editing tools on the web. Its key features include;
- Ability to record capture and record screens easily.
- Captured screenshots are imported directly into its video editing tool.
- Requires minimal computing resources (Memory and CPU).
- Advanced editing features to manipulate the captured outputs to your likings.
- Cheaper than Camtasia. It is not so expensive.
2. Movavi Video Suite
Designed for professional video editing, movavi can be used for screen capture and recording on your computer. It is available for both Windows and Mac machines. Some of its best features include;
- Capturing & recording high-resolution outputs. You can record and render files in HD & 4K formats.
- Advanced video editing tool. Movavi video capture works hand in hand with its video editing tool that comes along with it (Suite).
- It is a lite application with a size of about 238 MB.
- It is not costly or expensive. It costs not more than $80, and this is so disruptive compared to Camtasia.
- Has various interface languages. You can install and configure the software in the language of your choice.
This is one of the best screen capture and recording tools that are easy to use. Snagit works like magic with its easy-to-use features. These features include;
- Light-weight: Snagit is so light and doesn’t need sophisticated computing resources (no much memory or high CPU power is necessarily required).
- Easy to use. It is an easy-to-use tool with no complicated interface.
- It is integrated with an editor. Snagit editor opens automatically after screen capture is completed.
- It is a cheaper tool. It costs a one-time fee of $50. Not costly at all.
- They are used by Fortune 500 companies, including Microsoft, Amazon, Google, IBM, Salesforce, and more.
4. Video Create
Video Create is an easy-to-use screen capture and recording tool you can use on PC and Mac. Some of its features include;
- You can record screens, webcam, and audio on you. The tool lets capture multiple file formats.
- Media library with countless digital assets you can use in your project.
- You can create GIF files from your captured or on-screen recorded content.
- You can insert in your project animated emojis and icons.
5. Telestream ScreenFlow
Professional screen recording has never been easy with ScreenFlow. You can capture screenshots in high resolutions and use them to do your favorite projects (tutorials or presentations). Some of its features include;
- Capture on-screen playing videos and save them in high resolutions.
- Enjoy a free trial. You don’t have to waste your money by paying in advance even before you try out the software and see how it works.
- Everyone can use ScreenFlow. For instance, Educators, Marketers, Vloggers, or students.
- Various pricing options are available. You can choose from the three pricing plans available and find what fits into your budget and needs.
- Record multiple screens simultaneously.
- Smooth performance with no computer resource-hogging behavior. This tool doesn’t consume much RAM or processing power of your machine.